- 1 Is MassHealth enrollment center open?
- 2 Where do I apply for MassHealth in person?
- 3 Is Mass health Connector the same as MassHealth?
- 4 How do I contact MassHealth?
- 5 Can I check my MassHealth status online?
- 6 What documents do I need for MassHealth?
- 7 How long does it take to get approved for MassHealth?
- 8 What is covered by MassHealth?
- 9 Who can use the MA Health Connector?
- 10 How do I pay my Mass Health Connector?
- 11 How do I check if my MassHealth is active?
- 12 How do I submit a MassHealth bill?
- 13 Is MassHealth the same as Medicaid?
Is MassHealth enrollment center open?
The Enrollment Centers are open for limited walk-in appointments. We strongly encourage you to use MassHealth’s new appointment scheduler if you need help from a MassHealth Customer Service Representative.”
Where do I apply for MassHealth in person?
Call MassHealth Customer Services Center at 1-800-841-2900 or 1-877-MA ENROLL (877-623-6765). Visit a MassHealth Enrollment Center (MEC) to apply in person, Monday-Friday 8:45-5:00.
Is Mass health Connector the same as MassHealth?
ConnectorCare is one kind of health insurance you can get from the Massachusetts Health Connector. ConnectorCare is for Massachusetts residents who: cannot get other public insurance like MassHealth or Medicare.
How do I contact MassHealth?
Call the MassHealth Customer Service Center at 800-841-2900 (TTY: 800-497-4648). Hours: Monday- Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Can I check my MassHealth status online?
If you want to see information about your health assistance benefits online, use My Account Page. My Account Page can help you manage your MassHealth, Commonwealth Care, Health Safety Net, Children’s Medical Security Plan and Healthy Start benefits.
What documents do I need for MassHealth?
What you need
- Social Security numbers, if you have them, for every household member who is applying.
- Federal tax returns, if you file.
- Information about citizenship or national status or immigration status.
- Employer and income information for everyone in your household (for example, from paystubs or wage statements)
How long does it take to get approved for MassHealth?
MassHealth usually responds with their decision within 2-3 weeks.
What is covered by MassHealth?
- Inpatient hospital services.
- Outpatient services: hospitals, clinics, doctors, dentists, family planning, vision care.
- Medical services: lab tests, X rays, therapies, pharmacy services, eyeglasses, hearing aids, medical equipment and supplies.
- Adult day health and adult foster care.
Who can use the MA Health Connector?
To qualify for ConnectorCare: You must live in Massachusetts. You must be a U.S. citizen or a “lawfully present” non-citizen. Your income must be 3 times the federal poverty level for your family size or lower.
How do I pay my Mass Health Connector?
You can pay your monthly premium by using your bank’s online bill pay. Follow your bank’s instructions for setting up the online payment and delivery date. Search for and select MA Health Connector. Make sure the address is PO Box 970063 Boston, MA 02297-0063.
How do I check if my MassHealth is active?
- Access member eligibility information from the EVS Internet site through the POSC.
- Click Manage Members.
- Click Eligibility.
- Click Verify Member Eligibility.
- On the Check Member Eligibility panel, select the provider from the drop-down list.
- Enter either the member’s:
How do I submit a MassHealth bill?
gov. masshealth. To start submitting claims electronically, contact the MassHealth Customer Service Center at 1-800-841-2900 (TTY: 1-800-497-4648), e-mail your inquiry to [email protected], or fax your inquiry to 617-988-8974.
Is MassHealth the same as Medicaid?
In Massachusetts, Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) are combined into one program called MassHealth. MassHealth members may be able to get doctors visits, prescription drugs, hospital stays, and many other important services.