- 1 How do I get into OHSU?
- 2 Does the Max go to OHSU?
- 3 How much does the Portland Aerial Tram cost?
- 4 Is the Portland tram running?
- 5 What neighborhood is OHSU in?
- 6 What mountains can you see from OHSU?
- 7 Where do you park for the aerial tram in Portland?
- 8 How do you ride the Portland tram?
- 9 How much does it cost to build an aerial tram?
- 10 How does an aerial tram work?
How do I get into OHSU?
From the east
- Travel west on I-84. Follow signs to I-5 south (Salem).
- Cross the Marquam Bridge and merge into one of the two left lanes to City Center/Beaverton.
- Take the S.W. 6th Ave. exit.
- Turn left onto S.W. Broadway Ave. and move to the right lane.
- Bear right onto S.W. 6th Ave., following signs to OHSU.
Does the Max go to OHSU?
What’s the nearest light rail station to OHSU in Portland? The South Waterfront/SW Moody Max Station station is the nearest one to OHSU in Portland.
How much does the Portland Aerial Tram cost?
A round-trip ticket costs $5.15 but is free for OHSU patients and certain visitors; OHSU employees and students ride free by showing their ID badges.
Is the Portland tram running?
Tram operates Monday-Saturday. Sunday operations have been delayed until further notice. General public ticket sales for the tram are expected to resume once risks of COVID-19 subside and hospital visitation restrictions are lifted.
What neighborhood is OHSU in?
The main OHSU Campus is located on Marquam Hill in the Homestead neighborhood in downtown Southwest Portland.
What mountains can you see from OHSU?
OHSU Marquam Hill Campus / Portland Aerial Tram The tram platforms, as well as some of the building’s other outdoor balconies, provide unique views of downtown from the south, as well as the city’s southern neighborhoods and, of course, Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helens.
Where do you park for the aerial tram in Portland?
OHSU patients park free at the Center for Health & Healing’s parking garage. All other visitors should expect to pay for parking in the area. Approximately every five minutes, one of two cabins leaves its station. Each trip takes about four minutes.
How do you ride the Portland tram?
Ride Guide You must have a valid ticket or pass to ride Portland Streetcar. Debit/Credit Card Ticket Machines are available on every platform. Cash Ticket machines and ticket validators are available on board every streetcar.
How much does it cost to build an aerial tram?
Cost: Although cost is very dependent on location, situation, and customization, generally the cost for an aerial tram is generally between $10-30 million (US) / km.
How does an aerial tram work?
Aerial tramways are constructed as reversible systems; vehicles shuttling back and forth between two end terminals and propelled by a cable loop which stops and reverses direction when the cabins arrive at the end stations.