- 1 When did Community Hospital in Springfield Ohio close?
- 2 When was Springfield Regional Medical Center built?
- 3 What is Springfield Ohio known for?
- 4 Is Springfield Ohio bad?
- 5 Is Ohio a bad place to live?
- 6 Are there two Springfields in Ohio?
- 7 What is there to do in Springfield Ohio today?
- 8 Is Springfield a safe place to live?
- 9 Is Springfield Ohio a nice place to live?
- 10 Where should I live in Springfield Ohio?
When did Community Hospital in Springfield Ohio close?
The new medical group then opened the downtown Springfield Regional Medical Center in late 2011. The former Community Hospital was demolished in 2014.
When was Springfield Regional Medical Center built?
The new hospital opened November 13, 2011 as Springfield Regional Medical Center (SRMC).
What is Springfield Ohio known for?
Springfield used to smell like roses Many know Springfield as the Champion City, but it also has two other nicknames: the Home City and the City of Roses. The latter name comes from the fact that, in 1919, Springfield was home to 33 greenhouses that produced more roses than any other city in the world.
Is Springfield Ohio bad?
The website says it came up with its “most dangerous city” rankings by comparing the number of homicides, robberies, rapes and aggravated assaults in U.S. cities with more than 100,000 people. Springfield’s rate of 1,355.6 violent crime reports per 100,000 people came in at No. 11, according to the website.
Is Ohio a bad place to live?
A new study published by USA TODAY found that Ohio is home to five of 50 of the least livable cities in the United States. The study, from 24/7 Wall St. created an index with measures in eight categories: Crime, economy, education, environment, health, housing, infrastructure and leisure.
Are there two Springfields in Ohio?
According to the U.S. Geological Survey there are currently 34 populated places named Springfield in 25 U.S. states throughout the United States, including five in Wisconsin; additionally, there are at least 36 Springfield Townships, including 11 in Ohio.
What is there to do in Springfield Ohio today?
Things to do in Springfield, Ohio:
- Champion City Guide & Supply.
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Westcott House.
- Hartman Rock Garden.
- Springfield Museum of Art.
- Heritage Center Museum.
- Springfield Symphony Orchestra.
- South Fountain Historic District.
- Pennsylvania House Museum.
Is Springfield a safe place to live?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Springfield is 1 in 28. Based on FBI crime data, Springfield is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Massachusetts, Springfield has a crime rate that is higher than 99% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is Springfield Ohio a nice place to live?
Springfield is a very nice town in Ohio were I live. All the residents are good friends with each other and there are many opportunities to be able to have a job during school if someone does live in the area.
Where should I live in Springfield Ohio?
Best Neighborhoods In Springfield
- Rockway area (going to Durbin)
- Parkridge Acres.
- Villa area (near Bowlusville)
- OH Route 334, from Urbana Road to Mechanicsburg Road.
- US Route 68 to Snyder Terrace area.
- South Center-Main Street area.