- 1 What is school-based health education?
- 2 What are school related health services?
- 3 Why is school community health services important?
- 4 Why have a school-based health center?
- 5 What are the benefits of having a school health and nutrition services?
- 6 What are the four major components in the school health program?
- 7 What makes a healthy school and community?
- 8 How can we improve school health?
- 9 What are the two types of healthcare services?
- 10 Who are the health services providers in school and what are their responsibilities?
- 11 What is the goal of the school health service?
- 12 How can you help build and keep your school and community environment healthy?
- 13 What are the function of school health services?
What is school-based health education?
School-based health education helps adolescents acquire functional health knowledge, and strengthens attitudes, beliefs, and practice skills needed to adopt and maintain healthy behaviors throughout their lives.
School health services staff can help all students with preventive care such as flu shots and vision and hearing screening, as well as acute and emergency care. For students with chronic health conditions, school nurses and other health care providers play a large role in the daily management of their conditions.
Why is school community health services important?
Students with chronic health conditions (CHCs) may face lower academic achievement, increased disability, fewer job opportunities, and limited community interactions as they enter adulthood. School health services provide safe and effective management of CHCs, often for students with limited access to health care.
Why have a school-based health center?
School-Based Health Centers Are Effective Stronger prevention and population health by connecting clinical care with public health approaches such as group and classroom education, school wide screenings and prevention programs, or efforts to address the social determinants of health.
What are the benefits of having a school health and nutrition services?
School nutrition services promote the health and education of students through access to a variety of nutritious and appealing meals, nutrition education, and a school environment that encourages students to make healthy food choices.
What are the four major components in the school health program?
SCHOOL HEALTH PROGRAM
- Medical and nutritional screening of the school pupils.
- Provision of essential drugs and treatment of minor ailment and referral if need.
- Inspection of school environment and facilities using a checklist.
- Inspection of the food vendors and stalls.
- Inspection of the First Aid Box contents.
What makes a healthy school and community?
The core elements of a healthy school environment include access to healthcare, healthy food and physical activity, clean air and water, and education about making healthy choices.
How can we improve school health?
Steps schools can take to support student health:
- Establish healthy eating and physical activity supportive environments.
- Provide a quality school meal program.
- Implement comprehensive physical education and health education programs.
- Provide students with chronic disease prevention support services.
What are the two types of healthcare services?
Answer: Public service and private health facility. Give the basic definition of health.
Who are the health services providers in school and what are their responsibilities?
Some health service providers are doctors and nurses. Their roles and responsibilities in school are monitoring the students’ health and taking care of sick/ill students.
What is the goal of the school health service?
School health services: preventive services, education, emergency care, referral, and management of acute and chronic health conditions. Designed to promote the health of students, identify and prevent health problems and injuries, and ensure care for students.
How can you help build and keep your school and community environment healthy?
Establish healthy eating and physical activity that supports environments. Provide a quality school meal program. Comprehensive health and education programs will be implemented. Provide students with supportive services in the prevention of chronic diseases.
What are the function of school health services?
School health services deal with health appraisals, control of communicable diseases, record keeping and supervision of the health of school children and personnel [3, 4]. It is the aspect that concerns itself with the evaluating the health of an individual objectively.